For this post I am going to do a little valentines day wreath tutorial!
Perrtty aint it? Ok so here are the deets:
- 3/4 yard of 1 type of v-day fabric
- 3/4 yard of a 2nd type of v-day fabric (I am sure these are on a huuuuge discount now but even before V-day they were like 30%)
- Plain Styrofoam or straw wreath (easily obtained at Michael's, Joannes, acmoore etc).
- Fabric cutting scissors (if your going to be working with fabric a lot I suggest you invest in a pair armed with a 50% off coupon, they do make a big difference) OR regular scissors + a bit more patience.
- Cut a test fabric strip about 1 inch thick and about how long you will need it to knot around your sized wreath. Lets say for example about 7inches long.
- Cut a whole bunch of fabric strips 1 inch by 7inches long (or your custom size).
- Start knotting them on your wreath alternating fabrics.
- Keep knotting/cutting until your whole wreath is covered.
- Admire your easy peasy new wreath!