|Nom Nom Nom|
First pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Boil some some salted water and once boiling throw in your pasta.....for some reason I cant find actual ziti ANYWHERE here in Austin, whats up with that??? So I have to use rigatoni, which totally gets the job done but I really prefer ziti. I do not however reccomend substituting penne...for some reason its too small and dries the dish out.
cheese slicer for this, if you make the dish a lot I totally recommend buying one, its def worth it.
Then spread your mixture into the pan and cover with the slices of cheese you set aside
As always here is the short & quick version:
- 1 box ziti or rigatoni
- 1 jar of your fav marinara sauce
- 3 tablespoons (or eyeball it) Italian Seasoning
- 1 block Mozzerella Cheese
- Parmesean cheese (if you want, I leave it out)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Start boiling your water and cooking the pasta to al dente.
- Cut block of cheese in 1/2, cube 1/2 and thinly slice the other half
- In mixing bowl combine jar of marinara sauce, italian seasoning and cubed cheese (add the parmesean here if your using it).
- Once pasta is al dente strain and add to bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Pour bowl mixture into a lightly oiled 13x9 pan.
- Lay cheese slices on top of ziti mixture.
- Cook for about 25 minutes or until hot, bubbly and slightly brown.