I followed the tutorial pretty closely but I will try to reenact it here.
First you need to cut 3 pieces of fabric and one piece of interfacing to 18"x6". I chose to use the same fabric for the outside and the crayon pocket part because I loved it so much, but you could switch it up if you wanted to.
- Sewing machine
- 18" x 6" piece of interfacing
- 3 separate pieces of fabric
- 20" inch ribbon
- Coloring Book (optional but it makes a great addition to the gift!)
- Prewash all your materials - including the interfacing and ribbon.
- Iron your fabrics.
- Cut 3 pieces of fabric and 1 piece of interfacing in 18" x 6" rectangles.
- Iron your interfacing to your outside fabric according to interfacing instructions.
- Fold your fabric for the crayon pocket in half.
- Pin your crayon pocket fabric to your lining fabric and sew straight lines through to create pockets for the crayons about 1" apart. Only sew up to the lining fabric though. See pics above! Remember to leave about .5 inches on each side for your seam allowances.
- Sew your ribbon, which is folded in half, to the right side of your crayon roll in the middle.
- Pin your lining fabric to your outer fabric right sides facing and stitch all around leaving a 3" hole for turning, be sure to backstitch at the beginning and end.
- Turn fabric right side out and press your seams with an iron.
- Top stitch around your whole crayon roll which will close the turning hole.
- Stuff with crayons and pair with a coloring book for gifting.
Check out the Parties I am Linking to!!!