I really wanted to use Sriracha sauce because I love it and I have never really cooked with it before persay, its so yummy!So here is the deets:
- Long Grain White Rice cooked according to package.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha Sauce (you can adjust more or less depending on how hot you like things)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1.5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 1-2 green onions (aka scallions)
- Olive Oil
About 2-4 hours before cooking time you want marinade (you can do this even further in advance if you want but I would say no longer then 24hours, but like before you leave for work for the day would be perfect):
- Combine soy sauce, melted butter, sriracha sauce and garlic in bowl and whisk together just to combine.
- Cut chicken into small pieces/strips/chunks and place in shallow dish.
- Pour marinate on top of chicken and swoosh around to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate chicken and marinate mixture.
- Start making your rice according to package instructions.
- Cut up 1 large onion, 1 large green pepper, and scallions. Dont cut them super small, in strips is fine - now with anything you can adjust, personally, I am an onion freak so I like more onions but if you like green peppers then go ahead and throw more in. You can even sub veggies I didnt use.
- Using a cast iron skillet or non-stick frying pan, put some olive oil in and crank the heat up to high (the trick to stir frying is you want to cook everything super fast in a super hot pan).
- Once rice is almost done start stir frying (these next few steps take maaaaybe 5 mins assuming you got your pan super hot) .
- Throw your chopped up onion, push around for a minute or so until they are getting a bit translucent, then push to the side of your pan.
- Using tongs put each peice of your chicken into the hot pan individually so they all have their own space. Cook for about 45 seconds to a minute and turn (dont discard left over marinade).
- Once both sides of the chicken are cooked, thrown in your green peppers, toss around a bit so they get a little soft, a minute or so, now you can use your spatula to combine the onion, chicken and pepper and stir a bit.
- Now throw in the rest of your marinate and the 1.5 tablespoons of brown sugar. Toss around another little bit (like 30 seconds) then remove immediatly to a clean plate.
- Serve over the white rice and voila!
**This receipe serves plenty for 2 people, you can double it for a family of 4.
I am a bad bad blogger and didnt take pics of my final product (mostly because I was worried it would taste terrible and it would be a pizza hut night). But here is kind an idea of what it looks like:
I am linking to: